How do I detect volume up/down presses on mobile?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
10 different explosions rendered as transparent PNG.
  • Hello,

Is there a way I could detect if a player has pressed the volume up or down button on a mobile phone? I am starting a project where I'd like the player to control the character using these two buttons. Would be great if it won't affect the mobile sounds/music volume level.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

• Bump! Anyone knows if this is at all possible in Construct 2 or perhaps an easy work around for it?

Thanks a lot!

• I don't think it's possible. Even if it was possible, you won't be able to control the game without constantly changing the volume.

PS: Controlling the game with volume buttons is not a good idea.

• I don't think it's possible by any means: device makers want the buttons to always work, and not be taken over by malicious (or otherwise) apps. Most users want to avoid situations like getting a loud ringtone at an inappropriate time, then finding the volume buttons don't work...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, I see. Shame! I am supervising a few grade 7 students and they wanted to make an app that teaches blind kids math, science, English, etc...

Touching or taping the screen isn't as ideal or as effective as a physical button. They'll have to find another way .

Thanks a lot for your assistance guys

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)