How do I change the screen size of the main window?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • For example, if the Window size is 640x480 normally, but for certain stages/levels, I want it to zoom out a bit (like to 800x600). Is there a way to go back and forth without changing the window size for the entire project?

• For example, if the Window size is 640x480 normally, but for certain stages/levels, I want it to zoom out a bit (like to 800x600). Is there a way to go back and forth without changing the window size for the entire project?

If you just want to zoom you can use layer scale and layout scales to do that but If you want to scale with a specific amount of size, then you are going to need canvas size and you can just set it back to normal when you leave the layout or etc.

Note:

1) Out of the two, I prefer layout scale / scale rate or layer scale / scale rate better than changing canvas size because the change of scale applied on a layout/layer will not affect others.

2) If you are using layer scale and you don't want to affect the change of scale of a specific layer onto other layers then make sure the layer name of the specific layer of you are zooming is unique.

3) You can use layer and layout scale/scale rate to make dramatic zooms and pick specific objects in a layer or layout to be zoomed.

• Thanks, I will check that out, but still a bit confused...

Is there any video/tutorials on how to do it? I'm assuming you would put this (layer scaling) into the event sheet of the actual stage, rite?

• Layout scale is a system action.

Set up a condition for when you want to zoom, such as On Start Of Layout. (Or on key press, or touch, ect.)

Then use the action System - Set Layout Scale.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Layout scale is a system action.

Set up a condition for when you want to zoom, such as On Start Of Layout. (Or on key press, or touch, ect.)

Then use the action System - Set Layout Scale.

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow (a little burnt out ATM, )

No rep/thank buttons here?

• ShinobiSlash As far as I know, there are still no tutorial about this. But I made a sample capx as a guide for you.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... ile%2ccapx

This shows one of the uses of Layout Scale / Scale Rate and Layer Scale / Scale Rate. There are still many combinations you can try to make it more scenematic or other purposes.

In your case you can ignore layer scale if you want to zoom all objects to zoom the entire windows, like from 480p to 720p. You are only going to use the Layout Scale or Layout Scale Rate, whichever suits your needs.

• Again, thx guys for all the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)