Different game speed on different devices (despite of dt)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi all,

a question about time.

My game adds, every tick, dt in a variable and shows its value in a Text object on

screen (just for test purpose). Timescale = 1.

On both my PCs, one running the game at about 40 fps and the other one at 60+ fps, the value showed

is almost exactly the same of that on my wrist chronometer: I start game and chronometer at the

same time, and when the chrono reaches, say, 60 seconds, on screen appears more or less

the same value.

But on a phone Motorola Moto G (Android 5.0.2, running at 40 fps, timescale = 1) things are

different: when the chrono reaches 60, the value on screen is still at 55, and other 5 or 6

more seconds are needed to reach 60. And the game runs just a bit, but visibly, slower

(this is why I performed this test). Of course I do an extensive use of deltatime in my project,

but in this case it is useless.

Note: the PCs tests are performed in preview, the phone test via a build with Intel SDK (without Crosswalk).

Probably I misunderstood something - but what? and if not... is a workaround possible? just to make

my game running at the same speed on all devices.

thanks in advance (also for the effort to read my english ) )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you need to take a look at the manual on optimization and search the tutorials as well.

• already done, of course, and not only once ... but I don't struggle for a better fps value (40 fps on mobile are ok for my needs) but for a correct time computing on all devices...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)